Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Elegant Butter Cream Icing on Chocolate Cake... Yum!

Well, my sister's high-school graduation party is coming up and I am in charge of desserts and decorating. I wanted to try out this cake I found on Pinterest (will include link to the blog at end of post) and got inspired by it's gorgeous pink icing and yummy chocolate topping. I'm still new to cakes so this guy is not perfect. I did 3 layers instead of 6 and I added the chocolate topping impatiently before the cake had chilled, which ruined the look from a top point of view (that's why camera angles are from the side). So I learned my lesson there! As for the cake itself, I added sour cream to the recipe because I can't stand a dry cake. Enjoy making this little beauty and eating it too!

               Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Make the icing! Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6
Step 7
Step 9
http://sweetapolita.com/2011/07/6-
http://sweetapolita.com/2011/07/6-layer-dark-chocolate-strawberry-buttercream-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment